Wednesday 27 January 2016

How to Choose Travel Insurance – 3 Best & Cheapest Options


What are the best travel insurances on the market?
Well, this will depend mostly on where are you from and what kind of coverage you want for your trip. If you research on the internet, you should be able to find a lot of options.
However, I have already researched A LOT have compared a lot of travel insurances and I always end up with the 3 online options that follow: 

The cheapest travel insurance on the market!!
Seriously, if you can find a cheaper travel insurance than this one, which works for citizens from all over the world, please let me know. As I have not found anything cheaper, I like to use  Medical (Atlas Travel) when I’m traveling to a “safe” place where I’ll be visiting mostly cities, such as United States or Europe, and I know I won’t be doing anything crazy. To be honest, I’ve thankfully never had to actually use any travel insurance so I’m not sure how the compensation services work. But I searched for reviews about Medical (Atlas Travel) and it looks like it worked fine for others who did have to use it. It’s really a great option if you are looking for cheap travel insurance.  

As I mentioned before, it is an international cheap travel insurance that accepts citizens from all over the world, with a few exceptions. Since it is cheaper than others, however, it may not cover all types of extreme activities. So, if you want to buy it, just make sure it covers the activities you intend to do as well as your nationality. It’s suitable for trips of any lengths ranging from someone’s round-the-world backpacking trip to a student on a short exchange study or an annual holiday.

You can also buy travel insurance with Medical if you have already started your trip. You don’t have to be at home or within your country of residence to buy this travel insurance or to extend your existing policy. 

Finally, there is NO age limit for Medical!  It will rate the cost based on the age you enter. However, when you’re over age 70 and then 80, the limits of coverage decrease. In other words, you will pay more than a younger person for the same amount of coverage. With that being said, since there is no age limit unlike most other travel insurances companies, Medical is an ideal travel insurance for seniors. 

Why should you have travel insurance during your trips?
Good travel insurance is really important, especially if you travel like I do and do activities where the chance of getting hurt are high and the medical expenses they might cause are enormous. During my trips, I’m always hiking on mountains, climbing things, jumping here, throwing myself over there, swimming where I shouldn’t, diving ….basically doing everything that I consider part of a perfect trip!!
Imagine if you’re snowboarding in Switzerland without travel insurance, get hurt in the middle of the mountain, and have to be evacuated by helicopter. The medical bill you will receive, while still in the hospital bed, is going to be so big that you will have to stay longer at the hospital to treat the cardiac arrest you’ll get after looking at all those zeros.

I’ve lost count of how many backpackers I met during my trips who had a giant scars on their legs… it is the famous Thai Tattoo!! Basically, this happens when someone was drunk while riding a motorcycle in Thailand and ended up falling or burning himself on the exhaust pipe. Do you really want to go to a public hospital in the middle of Bangkok?!?! With travel insurance, you can go to a private hospital where they will probably l take much better care of you. 


[Source: http://outofyourcomfortzone.net/how-to-buy-travel-insurance/]

1 comment:

  1. Hay Hi nishant thanks for the blog Travel Insurance but can u explain me how can i get the affordable travel insurance ?

    ReplyDelete